PROMOTING EDUCATION AND HEALTH OF WORKING CHILDREN, DHAKA
The overall purpose of the project is to improve the lives of vulnerable and excluded children at Rajarbagh Police Lines who are working in the Mess/Canteen/Barrack of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP). The specific focus of the project will be to protect them from long working hours and enable them accessing to non-formal education and primary healthcare facilities. Major activities of the project are to:
· Provide pre-school education, vocational training and health care referral services.
· Conduct awareness building, advocacy and counseling programs.
· Organize recreational activities.
· Strengthening Pre-School Education Program for Working Children.
· Build capacity of Police authorities and Non State Actors (NSAs)/ Local Management
Bodies (LMBs) for reduction of child Labor and other forms of child rights violations.
· Enhance protection of working children from difficult circumstances by improving
Bangladesh Retired Police Officers Welfare Association (BRPOWA)
Amount funded in 2015
Project Progress Report
Site Visit Reports